Happy New year!.
When I first started writing on this little blog, I didn’t think anyone would even read what I wrote. It doesn’t sound quite right coming from a girl who is all about positivity, but at the time that’s what I thought. To tell you the truth, there ‘re times where I still feel like that.
Thoughts like “why am I even bothering to write this, no one will even read it” or “your blog is too small how can you make an impact through it”. It may not be related to blogging or writing but do these words sound familiar to you?.
Maybe you have heard words like you are not good enough, smart enough, qualified enough or educated enough, from someone or maybe it was just simply the voice of fear.
Creating this little blog was a big step for me. Firstly, I’m not a writer and secondly English was not my best subject at school… I liked it but it didn’t like me that’s for sure. I still passed in the end though.
In 2017, I dare you to try and do something new that scares you. something out of your comfort zone. Something that will stretch and bend you.
Don’t allow negative people or the voice of fear stop you from trying something new that could potentially impact you or those around you in a positive way. Something new that could stretch you and get you out of your comfort zone but also make you grow as a person and make you stronger. I love writing so much, but if I chose to stay in my little corner and just store all my writing in my journal how would I have known that I had this great passion for words that I could utilise to encourage other people.
So, weather it’s eating something you have never ate, applying for that job, meeting new people, a new hobby, writing a song, applying for university to study that course you have always wanted to study, writing a book, joining the gym, going somewhere you have never been before. What ever it is. try it!. I dare you!.
Here are some of the things I learned in 2016…
1)You may not be pretty like her but you sure are still dang pretty, in your own unique way.
2) It’s never too late to start afresh.
3) Words are valuable, they have a great impact when used correctly at the right moment.
4) It’s ok to stick out like a sore thumb in a world that’s full of sheep. Don’t be like John or follow what Diana is doing! Be You! Do You!.
5) You can simply make a change by being the best version of yourself in your work place, school, college or uni.
6) It’s ok not to be ok, and it’s perfectly ok to take some time out for yourself to ponder about yourself.
7) Do things because you love to do them not because you want the acknowledgement or applause of other, because soon or later the applause will die down… And then what?.
8) It’s better to have a few friends who are loyal, encouraging and spur you on than a whole Lotta friends who suck the energy out of you and are all about negativity… Ain’t nobody got time for that.
9) Birthdays are less about presents…I have realised that spending precious time with friends and family and growing a year older is a blessing in itself!.
10)You will never regret making a sacrifice for something or someone you love… Because it’s always dang worth it.
Happy New Year!. It’s 2017… still can’t believe it.
Thank you for reading!.
Speak to you soon.
-Claris X x